SITE OF THE MARK HOPKINS INSTITUTE OF ART


In February 1893, Mr. Edward F. Searles donated the Hopkins Mansion to the University of California in trust for the San Francisco Art Institute for ‘instruction in and illustration of the fine arts, music, and literature,’ and as San Francisco’s first cultural center.

Designation:
State Historical Site (754)
Visited: 05/04/2016
LocationMap
Website: N/A