SITE OF THE MORMON STOCKADE


On this site in 1839 was built the first house in San Bernardino, the home of José del Carmen Lugo, one of the grantees of the San Bernardino Rancho. In 1851 a stockade of logs was built here as a protection against the Indians, in it more than a hundred families lived for over a year.

Designation:
• State Historical Site (44)
Visited: 03/08/2015
LocationMap
Website: N/A