SITE OF THE TOWN OF GARLOCK


In 1896, Eugene Garlock constructed a stamp mill near this spot to crush gold ore from the Yellow Aster Mine on Rand Mountain. Known originally as Cow Wells by prospectors and freighters during the 1880s and early 1890s, the town of Garlock continued to thrive until 1898, when water was piped from here to Randsburg and the Kramer-Randsburg rail line was completed.

Designation:
• State Historical Site (671)
Visited: 02/13/2016
LocationMap
Website: N/A