SITE OF YORK’S CABIN, CALISTOGA


Among the first houses in this area was John York’s log cabin, constructed in October 1845. Rebuilt as part of the home of the Kortum family, it was used as a residence until razed in 1930. Nearby was the cabin of David Hudson, also built in October 1845. Calistoga was named by Samuel Brannan.

Designation:
• State Historical Site (682)
Visited: 04/28/2016
LocationMap
Website: N/A