S.S. CATALINA


Commonly referred to as the Great White Steamer, the ship was specially built by William Wrigley to serve his Catalina Island as a passenger ferry. She was christened on May 23, 1924. During World War II, she was requisitioned for use as a troop carrier, but in 1946 she resumed her voyages to Avalon.

Designation:
• National Historic Site (76000495)
• State Historical Site (894)
Visited: 09/09/2015
LocationMap
Website: N/A
Articles & References:
Across The Sea No More