ST. VINCENT’S SCHOOL FOR BOYS


In 1853, Timothy Murphy, Irish-born pioneer of Marin County, gave 317 acres of land to Archbishop Alemany for educational purposes. Here the Sisters of Charity in 1855 founded a school that, as St. Vincent’s School for Boys, has been maintained and enlarged by successive archbishops of San Francisco.

Designation:
• State Historical Site (630)
Visited: 05/30/2015
LocationMap
Websitewww.catholiccharitiessf.org