TIMM’S POINT AND LANDING
In 1852 German immigrant Augustus W. Timms obtained Sepúlveda’s Landing on the mudflats near here. He built a wharf, added a warehouse, corral and other facilities to service shipping and the running of stages to Los Angeles. Timms was a pioneer in the development of the harbor and for over fifty years this area was known as Timms Point.
• State Historical Site (384)