VALLEJO FLOUR MILL


In 1856, José de Jesús Vallejo, brother of General M. G. Vallejo, built a flour mill here, on his Rancho Arroyo de la Alameda. Niles was once called ‘Vallejo Mills.’ The stone aqueduct built to carry water for the mill parallels Niles Canyon Road.

Designation:
• National Historic Site (71000131)
• State Historical Site (46)
Visited: 05/25/2019
Location:
• Site (Map)
• Plaque (Map)
Website: N/A