WARNER’S RANCH


In 1844, Governor Manuel Micheltorena granted 44,322 acres to Juan José Warner, who built this house. General Kearny passed here in 1846, and the Mormon Battalion in 1847. The first Butterfield Stage stopped at this ranch on October 6, 1858, on its 2,600-mile, 24-day trip from Tipton, Missouri to San Francisco, the southern overland route into California.

Designation:
• National Historic Site (66000228)
• State Historical Site (311)
Visited: 10/25/2015
LocationMap
Websitewww.sohosandiego.org