WHALEY HOUSE


This house, in which the San Diego County Court met for about 20 years, was the first brick building to be erected in San Diego County. The bricks were made at Thomas Whaley’s own kiln in Old Town in 1856, and the walls were finished with plaster made from ground seashells. Five generations of the Whaley family have occupied the old home.

Designation:
• State Historical Site (65)
Visited: 12/14/2015
LocationMap
Websitewww.whaleyhouse.org