WOODWARD’S GARDEN


R. B. Woodward opened his gardens to the public in 1866 as an amusement park catering to all tastes, and it remained San Francisco’s most popular resort until it closed in 1892. The Gardens once occupied the block bounded by Mission, Duboce, Valencia, and 14th Streets, the main entrance was on Mission.

Designation:
• State Historical Site (454)
Visited: 05/03/2016
LocationMap
Website: N/A