WOMAN’S ATHLETIC CLUB


Founded in 1898, this organization was the first athletic club for women in the United States. The building’s architecture illustrates the sophisticated urban ambiance of North Michigan Avenue, as it was originally planned and developed in the 1920s. The modern French-style classical design, which is reminiscent of continental-style Parisian elegance, is one of the last standing links to the street’s formative years.

Designation:
• Chicago Landmark
Visited: 03/27/2017
LocationMap
Website: N/A