Name: San Francis Ranch
Site Number: #208
Date Visited: 09/05/2016
Other Designation: None
Plaque Status: Private Plaque
Location: 3963 W Line St, Bishop, CA 93514
Website: N/A

Description: In 1861, Samuel A. Bishop, his wife, and party left Fort Tejón for the Owens Valley driving 650 head of stock. On August 22, Bishop reached a creek later named for him and southwest of this spot. San Francis Ranch was established there. At the site a peace treaty was signed by the settlers and the chiefs of the Paiute Indians.