PEDRICKS STORE HOUSE


Pedrick Store House was built in Marblehead, just across the harbor from Salem, in 1770 by Thomas Pedrick, a successful member of the merchant community in pre-Revolutionary War Marblehead. At that time, Marblehead was the most successful fishing port in Massachusetts, and the codfish that were caught and dried on the flakes, or drying racks on shore were shipped from Marblehead and Salem throughout the British empire to be traded for molasses and sugar in the Caribbean Islands, wine in Madeira, and finished goods like cloth, Chinese porcelain, books, and furniture in England.

Designation:
• Point of Interest
Visited: 10/26/2016
LocationMap
Websitewww.nps.gov