WEST INDIA GOODS STORE
This building was constructed by Captain Henry Prince about 1804 and was probably first used as a warehouse. Prince may have kept goods like pepper, coffee, water buffalo hides, and tortoise shells here that he imported from the East Indies. The first documented use of this building as a West India Goods Store was in 1836. The structure underwent numerous changes throughout its history, including two moves, before it was rehabilitated in 1928 by the Society for the Preservation of New England Antiquities (now Historic New England). The National Park Service acquired the property in 1937.