FIRST PRECINCT POLICE STATION


The new premises, appropriately, were the old First Precinct Building, designed by the partnership of Richard Howland Hunt and Joseph Howland Hunt and built in 1909-11. The landmarked building was a model precinct house in its time. From 1884 to 1973 this Florentine Renaissance palazzo with its bold rusticated facades was the home of the First Precinct, which one historian called “the most important police precinct in the world.”

Designation:
• City Landmark (LP-0960)
• National Historic Site (82001193)
Visited: 01/30/2019
LocationMap
Website: N/A