ST. PETERS ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH


St. Peter’s Roman Catholic Church, at 22 Barclay Street at the corner of Church Street in the Financial District of Manhattan, New York City, was built in 1836-40 and was designed by John R. Haggerty and Thomas Thomas in the Greek Revival style, with six Ionic columns. The parish, part of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of New York, is the oldest Roman Catholic parish in New York State, and the building replaced an earlier one built in 1785-86. The original church was used for worship until 1834 when it was replaced by the present structure.

Designation:
• City Landmark (LP-0078)
• National Historic Site (80002721)
Visited: 01/30/2019
LocationMap
Websitewww.spcolr.org