Name: Site of the Mormon Stockade
Site Number: #44
Date Visited: 03/08/2015
Other Designation: None
Plaque Status: Private Plaque (Missing)
Location: 325-327 N Arrowhead Ave., San Bernardino, CA 92415
Description: On this site in 1839 was built the first house in San Bernardino, the home of José del Carmen Lugo, one of the grantees of the San Bernardino Rancho. In 1851 a stockade of logs was built here as a protection against the Indians, in it more than a hundred families lived for over a year.