Name: Guachama Rancheria
Site Number: #95
Date Visited: 03/08/2015
Other Designation: None
Plaque Status: State Marker
Location: 25976-26028 Mission Rd., Loma Linda, CA 92354
Coordinates: 34.056441, -117.237931
Description: Guachama Rancheria, renamed San Bernardino on May 20, 1810 by Francisco Dumetz, became the San Bernardino Rancho of the Mission San Gabriel in 1819. The adobe administration building stood 70 yards north of this spot, an enramada served as the chapel, and a zanja was constructed to bring water from the mountains for irrigation. Control by mission fathers ended in 1834.