Name: United States Rabbit Experimental Station
Site Number: #950
Date Visited: 03/07/2015
Other Designation: None
Plaque Status: State Marker
Location: 8380 Cypress Ave., Fontana, CA 92335
Description: In March 1928, the Federal Government established the first and only experimental station in the United States devoted solely to research on the breeding and raising of rabbits on a five-acre property donated by A. B. Miller of Fontana. The station successfully pioneered new techniques of rabbit care and breeding. In 1965, the City of Fontana acquired the property for use as a senior citizens facility.